Aims and Objectives of YADESA
The vision of YADESA is to elevate the welfare and quality of life of the rural community through creative development activities by encouraging, assisting and developing the human resources and to manage the rural natural resources through self-dependent community group according to the Five Principles and The Constitution with the framework of:
– Equality and togetherness.
– Self-dependence of the rural community.
– Openness and independency.
– Balanced and harmonized assistance of social, cultural and economic aspects of community with the availability of immediate natural resources.
Based on the above principles YADESA’s mission covers:
– Environmental Issue and Conservation.
– Research, Training, and education.
– Agricultural development in its larger sense.
– Marginal community (low-income group and women) reinforcement through
productive economic business activities.
– Advocacy and consultation regarding issues about family (children and women).
– Technological development and home industry.
– Demographic conservation and Human Rights.
– Rural cooperative development and private enterprises.
– Emergency relief/disaster help.
Length of Time in Existence
YADESA has been established since 1987. Coming from the desire to serve to the marginal communities in Aceh and to answer the inconsistency of regional development, in 1987, a number of campus activists from the University of Syiah Kuala Darussalam with a variety of educational background organize themselves into an institution which later named Yayasan Pembinaan Masyarakat Desa (YADESA) Aceh. On October 28, 1988, the institution was legalized through a deed and subsequently transformed into one of non-profit-oriented independent non-government organization (NGO).